It has been a crazy week for us. Friday night we were at Shawn's parents house and Kellen tripped and cut his lip open. It bled for a while and we thought that we might need to take him in to get stiches. It finally stopped and so we just let him play with his cousins that were in town. The next day it came open again but only for a few minutes. Then on Sunday we were at Shawn's parents house and Shawn and his dad gave Kellen a cashew. Let me preface this, we thought that Kellen might be allergic to cashews already. So he ate the cashew around 8pm on Sunday night. When we left the Mecham's Kellen was fine and we put him to bed around 9pm. Monday I go into get Kellen up to get ready before I have to go to work and Kellen is swollen from head to toe. I gave him benadryl. After a while the swelling went down a little and since I had to go to work and it was Shawn's first day of school I took Kellen to my mom's house. While at work I talk to the doctor's office and they start talking about epinephrine pins and I start freaking out. So I get to my mom's house around noon and the swelling has gone down a ton. That is when this picture was taken. You can tell that Kellen's ears are totally swollen. By the end of the day the Pediatrician decided that before he proscribed epinephrine he wants Kellen to go to see an allergist. So after three days of benadryl Kellen's swelling and rashes are gone and he seems to be back to normal.
Chocolate Chunk Pretzel Brownies
15 hours ago