Tuesday, May 06, 2008

So it finally happened, I was hoping that I would never have to experience this but Kellen made sure that I was able to. Kellen discovered that he could take the poop out of his diaper and smear it all over.
Here is the story... I left Kellen at home with Shawn on Friday morning while I went to my doctors appointment. Shawn was working on his final project for a class and so I turned on a backyardigans DVD in our guest room to keep him occupied. When I got home a hour later I went to go check on him. As I was walking up the stairs I could smell the poop (which is no surprise since Kellen's poop stinks). I walk in the room and to my horror Kellen is standing on the bed with poop all over him, the bed rails, blankets and sheets. With a nice big clump laying on the bed. Well due to the pregnancy I am very sensitive to smells and immediately throw up in my mouth. I yell for Shawn to come up stairs and help me, which he does. So while Shawn cleaned Kellen up and gave him a bath I put the sheets in the washing machine, cleaned and disinfected the bed and bed rails. Shawn totally made fun of me when I was cleaning because I but gloves and any other protection I could find on and scrubbed the room from top to bottom.

7 comments:

Del and Tina said...

Oh my word, that is hilarious! (only because it hasn't happened to us yet...).

--Tina

Kyle said...

That is the worst...especially since you are pregnant. Just be grateful Shawn was there to help you!!

Gary said...

The joys of parenting, better you than me. Although Madison did one time poop on my head.

Carry on, your cousin Gary.

shay said...

SICK!!! My boy's never did that. Hopefully my sweet little girl won't either.

Erin said...

Arent kids gross. I guess that is why Heavenly Father makes them so cute. So we dont kill them for the nasty stuff they put us through.

Kyle said...

FYI...Emily has a blog now
clintandemilyhall.blogspot.com
Missed you today..wish you could have come!

*NaTaLiE SaNdaLL* said...

That is one for the books! I must say that Bently has not pulled one of those on me yet (knock on wood). So sorry...